Services for People with Disabilities
We are committed to providing services and assistance to all members of the St. Kate's community.
Librarian Research Assistance
Members of the St. Kate's community can make an appointment to meet with a librarian for in-depth research help with the link below. If you are unable to use the library website, equipment, or other library resources, please contact the following:
Students who need extensive assistance should contact Student Disability Resources to discuss their options. Faculty and staff should contact Human Resources.
Librarian Instruction Assistance
If you are coming to the library with your class and have specific needs, please contact:
Materials Assistance in the Library
When it comes to using library materials, we can assist you with retrieving materials, using our circulating materials, and getting access to group study rooms.
Library staff can retrieve print materials from library shelves or other areas that may be inaccessible. If requesting many items, advanced notice is preferred. Staff can also assist with onsite photocopying and/or scanning of research materials, and document delivery of interlibrary loan materials. For assistance, contact the Circulation Desk:
- St. Paul: 651.690.8737
- Minneapolis: 651.690.7784
Students, faculty, and staff may request a longer loan period for materials in order to use them with assistive equipment. For assistance, contact:
Group Study Rooms
Both campus libraries have group study rooms. Students needing accommodations have priority use if all study rooms are occupied. Students working with Disability Resources may request individual use of these rooms by contacting:
Assistive Technology in the Library
We have a variety of different assistive technologies in our libraries.
St. Paul Library
In the Library:
- TOPAZ Magnifier is located on a table near the Reference Books on the first floor.
- ASL Video Phone is located outside the library on the 3rd floor of the CdC, near the vending machines.
- Headphones are available for check-out through Media Services in Room 130.
- Kurzweil (text to speech software) is installed on all computers.
Outside the St. Paul Library
ASL Video Phone is located outside the library on the 3rd floor of the CdC, near the vending machines.
- Kurzweil 3000 is installed on all public access computers.
- Headphones are available for check-out at the Circulation/Information Desk.
Library Building Accessibility
On both campuses you'll find accessible parking, elevators, and restrooms.
St. Paul Library
- Elevators: There is an elevator at the south end of the Library, and an elevator right outside the Library in the Coeur de Catherine lobby. All are wheelchair accessible.
- Parking: Anyone with a disability parking permit may use the Disability Services parking spaces outside Coeur de Catherine.
- Restrooms: There are wheelchair-accessible women's and men's restrooms at the south end of the Library on the first floor and lower level.
- Elevators: There are two elevators in the lobby of the Education building (library is on the fourth floor), and one elevator at the south end of the Old Main building. All are wheelchair accessible.
- Parking: Anyone with a disability parking permit may use the three Disability Services parking spaces on the 25th Avenue side of Old Main.
- Restrooms: There is a wheelchair-accessible women's restroom directly below the library on the third floor of the Education building, and a men's restroom near to Old Main 441A.
If you need assistance, visit our Help page for ways you can contact us, including chat, email, texting, research appointments, and more.