Study Room Policies
Study rooms are available in the library to provide a place for academic collaborative and cooperative study in individual or small groups. Our policies are meant to encourage the success of our students, and to facilitate sharing. These rooms are in high demand and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation in sharing and maintaining these spaces.
In the library, all the student study rooms are bookable using Google Calendar.
Use of rooms
- Use of the rooms is reserved for academic work only. Study rooms are not available as meeting space for clubs or student groups. *For clubs wishing to reserve a space, please see Meetings & Events.
- Use of the rooms is reserved for St. Kate’s students only for study outside of classroom time. *If faculty need space for classes, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Reserving group study rooms
- Reservations must be created via Google Calendar for time slots within the library’s open hours. Occupants without a reservation will be asked to vacate upon arrival of a group with a reservation.
- Users are limited to 3 hours per day. The same group of users may only reserve a room once per day.
- Users are limited to 15 hours per week.
- Rooms may be booked up to 3 weeks in advance. Recurring reservations will be cancelled.
- Users may not sign up for more than one room at the same time.
- If users fail to appear 30 minutes after the start of their sign-up time, they forfeit the use of the room, and another user may use it.
Other conduct expectations
- Rooms left unattended for longer than 30 minutes will be considered abandoned; items left in the room will be removed by Public Safety officers.
- Please keep voices and noise level low -- group study rooms are not soundproof.
- Please dispose of trash/recycling in the containers provided and return dishes to the Dining Room.
- Please erase the whiteboard if you have used it. Alert the Circulation Desk if it needs to be cleaned.
- Please do not disconnect equipment or cables.
- Please do not block the windows or door, or turn out the lights; Library staff must be able to see into the room if it’s in use for safety.
- Whiteboard markers may be checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- When finished, please return the room to its normal configuration.