Systems and Digital Services Librarian Job Posting
St. Catherine University and the Library and Archives Department invite applications for a Systems and Digital Services Librarian.
Our Library and Archives Department cares about our student population and works hard to ensure that we design our services for their needs. Our team is collaborative and enjoys working together to support our students! The Systems and Digital Services Librarian seeks to improve access, functionality, and integration of online and digital resources to enable the Library and Archives to harness new features and technologies that enhance user success in discovering and using library and archives content. Responsibilities include:
- Configure, develop and sustain the ILS and discovery services and ensure ILS integrates with university systems and represents best practice for user accessibility.
- Balance the needs of our users with the technical specifications of system workflows to provide optimal service for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues to increase the discovery and access of underrepresented voices in library systems.
- Initiate collaborative relationships with on and off-campus partners to ensure seamless user experiences and to troubleshoot and resolve access and other library systems-related issues.
- Maintain, evaluate and develop the Library and Archives’ web presence, investigating and planning for interoperability between different digital services.
- Lead the development of strategies to improve collections by designing and implementing solutions that integrate existing tools with new technologies and approaches.
- Administer and support the Integrated Library System (ILS) and related discovery layer.
- Support and help evaluate digital library services, including institutional repository and digital asset management systems
- Gather, report, and analyze statistics and data from the system to inform decision-making related to services, collections and workflows.
- Stay abreast of issues related to the integration of existing technologies; emerging areas of librarianship; and new technologies and their potential to optimize discovery and access to scholarly resources.
- Represent St. Catherine University at local and national user groups, and consortium as system administrator for further professional and functional development of ILS in the Library and Archives.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures to ensure optimal operation and management of systems at the local and consortia level.
- Design, develop, and maintain Library and Archives website and web services.
- Assess usability of the website using various techniques and measurements/analytics.
- Master’s degree in Library Science
- Two (2) years of professional library experience with integrated library systems
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and assessing library discovery systems, databases, access systems, and authentication systems.
- Experience maintaining and customizing web platforms, including content creation, including knowledge of HTML, CSS.
- Knowledge of systems integration using APIs, Web services, and other technologies
- Demonstrated ability of good project management skills
- Two (2) years of professional library experience with Alma/ Primo
- Working knowledge of XML and XSL
- Alma and Primo certification
- Experience implementing APIs
- Familiarity with Drupal Content Management System
- Experience creating and interpreting analytical reports
- Understanding of authentication systems common to libraries
- Experience of presentations or workshops as a professional librarian
- Awareness of the information needs and information-seeking habits of college students and faculty
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment.